Visa Sponsoring: possible.
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Minimum experience required: 5 years
Salary: 5 to 7,000 SGD monthly after-Tax.
Healthcare coverage: yes.
Sector: IT, Telecom, Digital Media, Streaming.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a DevOps APAC Manager for our real-time media streaming platform MilliCast. The job responsibilities are as follows:
- Understand our current cloud architecture, dependencies and needs based on existing IT environment and planned roadmap.
- Participate in monthly and quaterly roadmap definition, timeline and prioritisation.
- Recommend, plan, implement and document improvements to the cloud-based architecture to make it more agile, more cost-effective, improve scalability and performance.
- Maintain our cloud infrastructure leveraging on automation and automated testing, to guarantee our terms of services.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to establish DevOps practices, including version control, branching and merging strategies, CI/CD pipeline design, test-driven development approach, software quality, etc. Enforce them in the APAC region.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to perform comparative analysis, proof of concepts and other studies to assess viability of new products/solutions.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology synergies to save costs and improve efficiencies.
- Initiate innovative application of technology to capture new business value.
- Be a subject matter expert and maintain awareness and knowledge of new concepts, emerging technology, architecture, industry and company developments.
Profile requirements :
- Strong technical and working knowledge in platform integration/architecture and related toolchains. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with multiple domains of Cloud and API technologies (e.g. PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud based development, Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry).
- Worked in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment with strong appreciation of change/version control process and methodologies.
- Strong business acumen, familiar working in multicultural environment and different time zones, fluent in English, proactive and independent.
Must be very comfortable :
- Using the command-line
- Building and querying RESTful WebApis
- Familiar with HTTP concepts, websockets, OpenID Connect
- Familiar with using SSH, curl, nginx, PM2.
- General management of a Linux system.
- Usage and creation of SystemD units.
- Media Servers management
- Wireshark or equivalent
Knowledge of formal architecture frameworks, application design frameworks, UML or equivalent design artefacts is a plus.
Languages: C# (.NET Core), NodeJS, BASH
Cloud Platforms and services: DigitalOcean Droplets, AWS S3, Route53 and EC2, Oracle Cloud, Azure Cloud.
Databases: Redis, MySQL, InfluxDB
Streaming Video: WebRTC, RTP, RTSP, RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH
Other Web Services: Stripe, Mandrill